I never have much trouble eating salad during the summer months. I gravitate towards a daily soup when the chilblains return. But for now I’m enjoying gnawing on some raw stuff. So ingredients for this – oh I have to thank my good friends Nigel and Lisa of ‘On The Corner’ Californian Tapas Bar fame www.facebook.com/tapasonthecorner for inspiring me to create my own version (i.e. I guessed what the ingredients were and added some of my own choice). But they were definitely there before me.
Ingredients for 1 hungry person
- 2 chestnut mushrooms,sliced
- 1 handful watercress, chopped
- 2 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium cooked beetroot, diced
- approx 1″ x 4″ feta cheese, crumbled
- tablespoon crushed pumpkin seeds
- favourite salad dressing (mine is oil, cider vinegar & grainy mustard)
- sprinkling of sumach
If you make it in the order the ingredients appear above, you should come up with something roughly resembling the photo. If not, it will still taste the same.