Celeriac & Flageolet Bean
I was rummaging around in the fridge looking at bits and pieces that needed using and came up with this tasty masterpiece. It is a bit random but satisfied all the bits that needed satisfying i.e. my hunger.
For one hungry fridge raider:
- 1 handful of watercress, chopped
- 2 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (approx) diced & lightly steamed celeriac. Cool quickly.
- 1 cup cooked flageolet beans (mine came from a tin)
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- few sprigs mint, finely chopped
- few leaves of basil, finely chopped
- 1 pinch of Marigold Swiss Vegetable Bouillon
Toss the watercress and cherry tomatoes in a basic oil/vinegar dressing. Combine the yoghurt, parsley, mint, basil and Bouillon seasoning in a medium sized bowl. Add the cold celeriac and flageolet beans and mix gently. Adjust seasoning to preferred taste. Spoon onto the watercress and cherry tomatoes and sprinkle with sumach.
Hey presto – lunch is served.