Nature does nothing uselessly – Aristotle
Apple & Amaranth
Now amaranth is not very easy to buy (unless you want seeds) but it grows like a weed in my garden. It comes up every year all over the veg. plot. So all you need do is buy a packet of seed once and you will have it for ever.
So for one lazy gardener:
- 1 apple of your choice, finely sliced
- 1 handful of mixed leaves (preferably dark red, to match amaranth leaves)
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 inches (approx) cucumber, finely sliced
- 1 finely sliced chestnut mushroom
- 1 good tablespoonful sunflower seeds
- few sprigs of basil, finely shredded
- olive oil/cider vinegar dressing
Sling the whole lot into a bowl, toss with the dressing , decorate with a few sprigs of basil and get munching.