Hospitality consists in a little fire, a little food, and an immense quiet
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Pineapple, Kiwi & Two Cheese Quickie
This had to be a VERY quick salad today. Far too much going on; gardening job, shopping (because the fridge is complaining it’s so empty) and there’s even a film crew from Australia hanging around doing something (filming, I guess).
So when speed is of the essence – here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 inches (approx) sliced cucumber
- 1 medium wedge of pineapple, cubed
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled & sliced
- few leaves of choice (mine was Little Gem lettuce)
- Feta cheese cubed (approx. 4 inches x 1 inch)
- few slices mozzarella
- as many black olives as you can handle (I COULD eat a whole tin – but I didn’t)
- a good dressing of olive oil/cider vinegar/grainy mustard
Throw everything together into a bowl, add dressing, toss and tuck in.
I timed myself from walking in the door with the ingredients still in my shopping bag until I was eating – 10 minutes. Not bad, huh! Oh and that included making it look good and taking a photograph. Gets better by the minute.