It never ceases to amaze me how some of the best meals are conjured from leftovers.Fortunately for this salad, I was feeling hungry, creative and had sprouted some green lentils. These little power packed lentils add a fantastic flavour – a bit like fresh peas and are really easy to sprout at home. However, I shall post those instructions another time. Meanwhile on with the lunch:
- 1 tablespoon sweet corn
- 1 tablespoon pineapple chunks
- 1 handful shredded watercress and lettuce
- approx 2 inches cucumber, diced
- 2 tablespoons sprouts
- 4 black olives
- 1 beetroot, cubed
- approx. 1 tablespoon crumbled feta
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds
- good olive oil, cider vinegar, grainy mustard dressing
Throw all the ingredients except the beetroot and feta into a bowl (oh, reserve a few sprouts and flaked almonds for sprinkling on top) Toss in dressing and pile onto a plate. Scatter beetroot on top, followed by the feta and finally a flourish of sprouts and flaked almonds.
For a random selection of ingredients, this was absolutely delicious.